From:
Cecilia Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 05:07:03 +0200
Paula wrote:
> Also to those who do not have any intestional disorders, do you all
have loose (not formed at all) stool, and is this a problem that you
try to aleivate with fiber, and if so besides eating lots of vegies
which we do already what is the most paleo fiber?

I had a close friend who ended up taking out all of her colon due to
Crohn's. She learned a lot about fibres on the way. I'm guessing you
do too, but in case your doctor hasn't mentioned it to you there are
different kinds of fibres and some will aggravate symptoms of Crohn's.
For example she was told many green vegetables are not to be eaten by
Crohn's patients. I can't remember her list of vegetables to avoid,
but I remember avocado (with bumpy skin) and broccoli were on it.
Fibre is often seen as the more fibre you eat the better. But it is
actually more about what kinds of fibre you eat. And that if you
eat too much the intestines can release their mucuos lining to get
them out if they irritate (when the intestines are aggravated by
Crohn's they can handle less, not more fibre). So too much fibre can
cause very loose stools.

But I would discuss this with a doctor first. What was right for her
might not be right for you.

Cecilia in Sweden