Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:04:36 -0400
alexs wrote:
> >  What
> >    shall we do with the fact that the majority of studies still
> >    correlate meat consumption with colon cancer?
>
> Ignore it. Correlation does not even imply causality, except to
> sensation-seeking journalists and those unable to grasp
> probability theory.
I would think that the way meat is prepared is also quite important.
Our ancestors used to eat meat raw. Now meat is cooked, very often
to the point of being burned. The last week virtually every single
time I went out to eat and got meat (burgers, steak tips) they
were burned on the outside even when I asked for rare. Charred
pieces could cause cancer of the colon all on their own.

Ilya