From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:14:35 -0600
>In a message dated 7/12/99 9:41:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:

>>  The God-recommended diet has always been the one that
>>  makes you healthiest for that period of history.
>>
>>  R. Keene
>>

>Excellent post. I agree with you totally.  Are there other periods in
>history where god has commented on diet?

>Anna

In all periods of history God has recommended diet.
Off-the-top-of-my-head....

Old Testament - No pigs, various other no-no's  because of
various parasites.  General recomendation to eat grains
probably since meat was often spoiled and way too
costly for the poor.  Grains keept your fat level up.

New Testament - A shift from the letter of the law
to the spirit of the law.  Some relaxation of diet
codes.  I'm can't site examples off-hand.

(If you believe Joseph Smith was a prophet...)
Modern times, The Word of Wisdom.
http://www.new-jerusalem.com/scripture/dc/section89.html

Also most every other religion has various food
perscriptions that seem to make good sense
within the cultural and technological settings.

Flame suit on...
The only one that seems to be groundless is
modern "New Age" vegetarianism.  Then again,
that is very recent and has not been tested over
enough time.