From:
Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:09:25 PDT
Yes, you are overreacting.  While I share your dislike for refined foods, I
realize that we are hearty beings.  All those things not paleo are harmful
if they are a regular part of one's diet.  If one typically eats paleo, a
soda, ice cream, or mac-n-cheese shouldn't hurt them.  I have, since going
paleo (7 months), eaten a small serving of ice cream twice.  I am no worse
for the wear, and didn't even feel badly (physically) at the time.  That
aside, why care what a guest cooks in your house as long as you and your
children aren't eating it?  Eating SAD isn't immoral, it is just unwise.
Teach by example.

-Rob