From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:26:20 -0700
Richard Geller wrote:

> Anyone know a way to get rid of these disgusting moths and larvae that
> have infested our kitchen and are moving throughout the house? We had
> these eventually at our last house until we moved :-)

I guess you mean those little mealmoths that end up in your staples and
spices and fly around annoyingly.  Basically you need to go through
everything in your pantry, probably throwing it all away unless it has been
in a tightly sealed jar.  Canisters are no good, nor are plastic bags,
paper bags or cardboard boxes.  They either chew or crawl through anything
but glass or metal.  Then clean your cabinets thoroughly.  Whenever you buy
any staple food, put it in a jar.  When the available food is all gone,
they will die out.  Use flyswatters meanwhile.

There are traps you can get for them, though I have never tried them.  I've
had one bout with mealmoths and another with flour beetles which were even
more persistent and more able to get into sealed foods.  And then we had
carpet beetles once too.  They don't care about your food but they will eat
little circular holes in your clothes.

Good luck!

Lynnet