From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 07:43:50 -0500
On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Barry Adamski wrote:

> Follow the money/motive.  I believe Stefansson lived a year without vitamins
> or bone marrow.  He and his partner ate medium and well done meat all the
> time.  According to the book FAT OF THE LAND he and his partner were in better
> health at the end of the "experiment" than at the beginning.   Steffansson's
> premise is that everything the carnivore needs to thrive, not just survive, is
> found in meat.

Before accepting the conclusion that Stefansson and Andersen
thrived, you should have a look at the following references:

        McClellan WS, Rupp VR, Toscani V.  Prolonged meat diets
        with a study of the metabolism of nitrogen, calcium and
        phosphorous. J Biol

        Tolstoi E.The effect of an exclusive meat diet on the
        chemical constituents of the blood. J Biol Chem
        1929;83:753-58.

Todd Moody