From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 20:00:05 -0400
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Kathy Partridge wrote:

> >An interesting possibility is to combine
> >the Hellers' approach with Neanderthin, to incorporate the
> >foreign protein concept.  Thus, one could have two meals of meat
> >and fat only, but allow a liberal amount of fruit and nuts in the
> >reward meal.  This might keep the cravings at bay while allowing
> >continued weight loss.
>
> This is what I'm thinking of trying. When I was on it before, I did eat
> desserts (typical ones with sugar, flour, etc.) but I think the Heller's
> program certainly can be done along more Paleo lines.

I have been more or less spontaneously moving in this direction.
Since resuming karate training I find that I need more carbs, in
order to replenish glycogen.  It is simply impossible to do
something like karate without adequate glycogen.  Limbs turn to
rubber and you hit the endurance "wall" too quickly.  I find it
convenient to eat meat and some nuts (less than before, when I
was "paleonutting") during the day, then throw in a substantial
amount of veggies and some fruit at dinner.  So far, this gives
me enough glycogen to get through the karate sessions without
bonking.

Todd Moody