C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:10:02 -0700
Sorry to disappoint all of you who are looking at the government to make
your life a little bit poorer but this message like the good times virus is
a fairly sad attempt at notoriety on the part of the author. I spent about
five minutes browsing the congressional record's search page and found two
things. Thing one: Congress numbers bills before very differently than what
is noted below (H.R. 2014 being one example). Thing two: There is in fact a
portion of a bill with the number 602p, it refers to a rejected section of
the line Item Veto bill passed about 2 years ago. Coincidence? I think so.

Think about this for a minute, if there was a proposal, from any part of
the government, that threatened to take revenue from any of the ISP's, do
you think we'd be hearing about from the "lawyer" who is fighting "unpaid"
against it. AOL, Microsoft, Sprint and ATT would all be screaming bloody
murder and telling their customers loud and clear what it would mean to
them. These are not companies that would just shrug their shoulders, mutter
into their beards, "damn revenuers!" They would have an army of very high
priced lobbyists explaining in clear and uncertain terms their feelings
about any such bill.

Toobs
<=-=;)*
 oooO