Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:46:26 -0400
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, matesz wrote:

> Very few people know that there are individuals who do not visit a doctor
> for an annual physical, don't take prescription drugs, don't know all their
> "numbers", and put more stock in how they look, feel, and the improvements,
> and quality of life they experience.  Btw:  I respect the quality of work
> good surgeons can do sewing up people who need it, I just don't put a lot of
> stock in most of their "tests" for health or "cures."
>
> Maybe some others on this list agree???

Well, I know a guy like that who never visits doctors and is
adamant about healthy diet and outdoor exercise.  Just as you
have stated, he puts more stock in how he looks and feels than in
any theories.  That includes paleodiet theories, by the way,
which we have discussed.  He arrived at his own diet by
self-experimentation, going with what felt right and avoiding
doctors' offices.  An avid hiker and recreational cyclist, his
diet was roughly what is lately called "Mediterranean." -- modest
amounts of meat, whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc.

I switched to the past tense, you see, because he dropped dead
about two months ago from a massive heart attack, at 48 years of
age.

I'm frankly not sure what lesson is to be learned from him, but
he sure felt great, right up to the time he died.

Todd Moody