Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:00:11 -0700
Wasn't the Stefansson study done about the turn of the century when the
'normal' diet
was horrible?  They may have 'thrived' relative to the normal
population.

R. Keene

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Barry Adamski wrote:

> Follow the money/motive.  I believe Stefansson lived a year without
vitamins
> or bone marrow.  He and his partner ate medium and well done meat all
the
> time.  According to the book FAT OF THE LAND he and his partner were
in better
> health at the end of the "experiment" than at the beginning.
Steffansson's
> premise is that everything the carnivore needs to thrive, not just
survive, is
> found in meat.

Before accepting the conclusion that Stefansson and Andersen
thrived, you should have a look at the following references:

        McClellan WS, Rupp VR, Toscani V.  Prolonged meat diets
        with a study of the metabolism of nitrogen, calcium and
        phosphorous. J Biol

        Tolstoi E.The effect of an exclusive meat diet on the
        chemical constituents of the blood. J Biol Chem
        1929;83:753-58.

Todd Moody