BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - Dwell time 5 minutes." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:30:46 -0400
I'm working from memory here, but I think it is Daniel Chester French's dwelling that was designed to be covered with ivy, which it was.  In the recent NPS restoration (in part to reverse the damage caused by the ivy), they built a lattice gridwork about 6-8 inches from the face of the house to carry the ivy so that it would no longer actually be abusing the brick/stone of the house.  Or was it Roosevelt's Sagamore Hill?  Was it APT Bulletin in which I saw this?  Dang.  My memory's failing me.  And I wasn't even at RISD.

Dan Becker, Exec. Dir., RHDC
Raleigh Historic Districts Commission