RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:22:45 -0700
Lucia said:
> thanks for your reply Carol. I have used Nature's Gate deodorant crystal
> which claims ingredients: "mineral salts, potassum sulfate, contains NO
> aluminum chlorohydrate". so you're saying that it may contain "alum" and
> there's controversy over this?

I'd bet good money that it does contain alum.  It's understandable
that the
Nature's Gate folks don't want to list any ingredients that look
anything
like "aluminum", so I'm guessing that they say "mineral salts", a term
which
can be used to describe alum, to avoid the whole alum issue.

There is controversy over 1) whether alum acts like aluminum when used
in
these products and 2) whether aluminum is harmful in the first place.

I'm going to try the apple cider vinegar.  If it works as well as I
hear..
who needs aluminum?

Carol