RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:00:02 -0500
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Liza May wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about dental work, what to be aware of, the
> process of cavitation that some dentists perform, alternatives to taking
> the antibiotics perscribed to prevent infection, etc?

I do know that you should ask your dentist not to use Novocaine. It leaves
carcinogenic substances as it breaks down in your body. Marcain is
lighter, less harmful though not entirely risk free either.

> <Also, how do you make it not hurt?  I'm thinking whiskey. Just
> kidding.>

I quote from Gerald Epstein's book _Healing Visualizations: Creating
Health through Imagery_

Name: Emptying the Socket
Intention: To stop tooth pain
Frequency: every 5 minutes, for 1 to 2 minutes, until pain subsides

Close your eyes and breathe out three times [sitting in a straight backed
chair, arms on arms rests, feet on the floor]. See yourself gently pushing
out your rooth (use any degree of vigor you wish to remove the tooth).
Breathe out once and feel air coming into the opening, where a little of
the gum and nerve are showing. Breathe out once and put the tooth back
lightly into place, knowing that it is healthy and whole. Breathe out
once, and see the swelling going down as you breathe out three times. then
open your eyes.

hope this helps.
I've had a lot of tooth troubles this past year and empathize.
Lucia