From:
Wayne&Tammy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 22:21:37 -0500
Hello all,

   I've just come across a problem that has me stumped.  I just took a Hard
drive out of a brand new machine to copy its contents to another drive
which has been corrupted, in an identical machine.

   When the machine boots, it gives me a "missing operating system" error.

   Yes, I made sure the drive worked fine in the original machine, and yes,
it was set as the active partition.

      These machines are identical in every way (motherboard, cpu, ram,
video card, etc.) except for the drives.

        When I boot from a floppy, and check the disk, it is there with all the
appropriate files (msdos.sys, io.sys, command.com, etc..).

        I am auto-detecting the drive, and it is being found no problem.  In
short, I am 100 percent positive that I have everything connected
correctly, and the settings are correct.  Like I said, except the drives,
the systems are EXACTLY the same.  I have made sure the CMOS settings are
the same and everything.  I have each drive set as primary drives on their
own cable.

        I don't know if what I have just said makes any sense, but hope someone
can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Rowlinson

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]