CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:16:51 -0700
I agree with DDeBar that the term genocide is being used a bit too freely. It
would be a novel form of genocide to allow a people's women, older men, and
young boys to flee with their lives.  That was not exactly the approach taken
by Hitler.  Neither, for that matter, is it the approach that has been being
taken in Africa or, closer to home, against the indigenous Mayans in Guatemala
(with longstanding U.S. assistance, training and complicity).  And what about
Operation Phoenix is Vietnam, and its full fledged form in Mai Lai (sorry if I
just remember the  horror and not the correct spelling).  So Kosovo is about
genocide is it?  Yeah, just like Desert Fox was about weapons of mass
destruction.
                                         Dan Koenig