RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
marilyn traber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:53:12 -0400
Why do we have to provide them with a better standard of living?
Why is it up to us to support the whole world?

Malthusian problems aside [and the more they reproduce the less
able the small amount of arable land available to them is able to
support the population.] Why in the name of any particular diety
should they need muultiple cars per family, cell phones,
playstations and 3 tvs per family? Two of the main tenants of
islam are simplicity and devotion. If you were to ask the average
Joe [Akim?] he would probably want clean water to, access to good
public bathhouses, a flush toilet per every few houses [like
Britain still has in some victorian neighborhoods] and access to
reasonably inexpensive food. The local religous teacher for
education, and doctor for the village complete the basic needs.
IF it were no strings attached. I would willing to bet that they
would be happy to have their music radio stations back, and the
rights of widows and orphans, and peace and quiet.

Just because we happen to live in a consumer-product driven
economy, don't make the stupid assumption that everybody else in
the world wants one also.
margali
who has 1 computer, 1 tv, and a phone only because I need to
occasionally telecommute and the Navy requires my husbanto have
one. I don't even have air conditioning, a play station or a car
under 10 years old. I keep sheep, poultry and we garden. Think
Walden - SIMPLIFY!
--
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here: