RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matthew Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:12:53 +1100
> what is true don't need any  proof. .....
jean-claude

Errrr...

Well the problem is that the human mind is so flexible. I know people
who
will swear blind that Homeopathy works, it is to them a self-evident
truth.
Now I know that Homeopathy only works as a placaebo it is to me a
self-evident truth. Is my opinion any more or less valid than theirs?

Thousands of years ago Indians Knew that we lived on a planet that
revolved
around a star and that there were many such stars in the universe - it
was
to them a self evident truth. Egyptions knew that the earth was the
center
of the universe and the everything revolved around the earth (a
self-evident
truth) - therefore as rulers of the earth they were the supreme beings
of
the universe.

I was walking along a bush path and I knew that there was a thin stick
on
the way. As I stepped over that stick I knew it was actually a snake
as it
bit me. Guess I should have looked for some proof - my heart would be
more
healthy now.

If you think that you can do whatever your mind tells you then not
only are
you foolish but you are arrogent. On the other hand if you are not
guided by
your intuition then not only are you foolish but you are dangerous.

We are not animals - humans have the power of discrimination, to
carefully
weigh up the circumstances and choose right or wrong action. It is our
choice to use it or not. It is our responsibility to use it and our
irresponsibility not to.

I guess that I have been wrong so many times in my life that I no
longer
trust my fantasies to guide me. Maybe if I lived like an animal, in a
temperate forest, with ample natural foods I would be able to not
worry
about it. Dont get me wrong , to me a vegetarian raw food diet is
"almost" a
self-evident truth. But I have been wrong before and would like to be
little more certain.

Regards
matthew