RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matthew Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:00:46 +1100
Hello,

I am new to the raw food list and have a question to ask. I have just
searched through medline and found that there seem to be some real
concerns
with a high raw diet. These are:

Dental decay (Ganss C et al: Caries Research. 33(1):74-80, 1999)
Amenorrhea and excessive weight loss (Koebnick C et al: Annals of
Nutrition
& Metabolism. 43(2):69-79, 1999)

Happy news was that there were some positive studies as well. But they
did
not cross over with these concerns.

Does anybody have any really valid comments on these studies. Given
the high
sugar content of raw food and the obvious rapid weight loss, both of
the
above could be obvious problems. Most raw food lit. I have come across
were
too hyped to trust on such important issues.

Regards

Matt