RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:47:33 -0400
Jean Louis said:
> I think the reason why women wear high heels is that long legs are sexier
> (and pehaps another advantage is that it is easier to talk to or to kiss a
> woman whose face is about at the same height?)

And heels make us walk kaBOOM kaBOOM kaBOOM - which is called in
dance terminology "sinking into your hips" - which of course makes
other parts go  gaDOING gaDOING gaDOING  - up and down, side to
side, back and forth, swaying nicely.....

SOME people say this.

_I_ of course have no idea what they're talking about. ;^

Oh, and by the way, to add to the sexy-longer-legs theory: Fashion
models (who are supposed to have ultra mega long legs) choose shoes
whose shape and color make the legs look looooonnnnnggggggggerrrrrr.

> This is because men are more easily aroused by eyesight (most/all
> pornographic magazines show naked women, not naked men).

This is very interesting to me - the difference between the sexes as
far as which senses do what. Of course - we gals love a good-looking
guy, too. But I've read and heard much about how the visual image is
SUPER-DUPER important for men - almost all that is necessary for
arousal. Men (and other male animals) choose us primarily by
appearance (but the problem of course is that in the non-paleo world
so many cultural influences enter into what is attractive and what
is not).

Also interesting to me is the HUGE difference in what males and
females can and cannot smell. I saw a recent study that revealed a
huge list of specific smells that men simply CANNOT detect - but
which are extremely strong positive or negative odors in a female
nose. There was some discussion about how we females used (and in
fact still use) smell as a primary means of assessing the health of
a potential mate - a stinky guy has probably got unhealthy sperm.

You men choose us by appearance, we choose you by smell.

> This doesn't mean
> that men accept their body completely, of course (are there many "fat and
> proud" or "bald and proud" men?)

Yes, you men certainly have PLENTY of body-image problems too (and
the problems are increasing as time goes on and life changes for us
humans).

But - and maybe its because the importance of our appearance is
instinctual - we gals have faaaaaaar more problems with body-image
and its impact on our self-image than you men do. I think most men
simply have no concept - just not even the beginnings of the
foggiest notion - what it is like for us when it comes to this issue
of appearance.

Love Liza