RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 09:01:27 +0200
Liza,

> As far as office jobs like you're discussing here, I don't think the
> importance of the _enormous_ demands on energy required for long
> periods of sitting still under fluorescent lights and dry heating or
> air-conditioning, doing close-work, dealing with dead-lines, office
> politics, bosses and management, and all the other stresses, can be
> underestimated.

I agree. As far as fluorescent lights are concerned, I noticed that
after spending only ONE hour in a room without windows (like in a
basement), and with fluorescent lights, I feel VERY tired. One cannot
stress enough the importance of natural light and natural air. Just
spending a few minutes outside, in the sun, has a relaxing and
energizing effect for me.

> I think this kind of environment is much more
> exhausting than hard physical work in the outdoors. (That's my
> opinion, anyway).

Yes, but it's a different kind of exhaustion (perhaps more nervous
than muscular?).

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>