RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:11:40 GMT
Lucia:
>It is my understanding, from what I have read, that what is called AIDS
>does not "occur" in people with compromised immune systems, so much as it
>is a name that has been given to a a collection of conditions and
>symptoms, such as hepititus to name but one, that people with compromised
>immune systems are vulnerable to.

So is it possible to be diagnosed AIDS positive while being HIV negative?
Or must HIV always be positive for them to call it AIDS?
 I'm not trying to imply causation here, I just want to understand more
about the way they do it.

(In a way its a bit ambiguous do you think? that they are saying its "immune
deficiency" yet the test for HIV is antibodies, which are produced by the
immune system - huh?

Lynton
ps I'd rather be talking about Chlamidia ;)