NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:16:07 -0800
Hi Amanda and list,

>> Yes goat's milk contain lactose but I have yet to find if the sugar
>> structure in goats milk ( and sheeps milk) are the same as for cow's milk
>
>>All naturally occurring lactose is the same.

The lactose may be the same, but the casein is very different especially
from cows that are fed grains, soy, almost everything except the kitchen
sink. Just as gluten shows up in our breastmilk, everything the cows are
fed affects us. Goats and wild animals such as yaks usually eat grass and
nourishment natural to the area. These natural grasses don't cause disease
in the animals, so they don't cause disease in humans on such a grand scale
as cows milk. Since cows are fed hormones and antibiotics on top of their
unnatural diets, we are adversely affected by these toxic substances too!

All the best,
Susan