CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrej Grubacic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:01:04 +0100
> do not believe that I ever read anything of this nature attributed to him.
The

> perils of the InterNet include stuff like this. He was a sweet and gentle
man
> and this just doesn't sound like him.

I have to ask: why this quote, it's veracity notwithstanding:

 "I came to America because of the great, great freedom which I heard
existed in this country. I made a mistake in selecting America as a land of
freedom, a mistake I cannot repair in the balance of my lifetime." -- Albert
Einstein, 1947

is something that is not suitable for a "sweet and gentle man" to say?
So, Bertrand Russell was a "monster" and "bird-like creature" who had
spoiled sweet American youth after all? Just because his of criticism of
American society? And if Einstein did say that american society, or
"Friendly Fascist State" as B. Gross vividly described it, is not sweet and
gentle man?
I sometimes do wonder is this really a Chomsky list or American patriot
forum......
Regards,
                        Andrej