CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:27:44 +1100
At 16:06 15/12/99 -0800, Tresy Kilbourne wrote:

>schoolbuildings. Suppose still further that signs of open dissent towards
>Nazi goals among Germans was virtually nonexistent as he was making these
>posts.

Tresy,

Open dissent was clearly evident by Serbians against Milosevic.  It was not
difficult to find - it was even broadcast on your US news channels.  In
Australia, there was even comments on our news channels that bombing could
hurt the local opposition parties (as it did in the same way that bombing
Iraq helped consolidate Hussein's power).

Whether you're racist or not is perhaps a matter for debate, but there can
be no doubt that you are unnecessarily patronising, and personalise what
should be rational discussion.  Before you start saying "I'm not the only
one" that's not the point.  If one person's doing it, it doesn't mean
everyone should.

>You know, Tony, old boy, Rush and his ilk are right about one thing:
>whenever a Leftie starts losing an argument, he pulls out the race card.

Possibly because of the typical racism of conservatives.  While I haven't
had the pleasure of listening to Rush, we have our own set of demagogues
who exhibit appalling racism, and then when they're called racists they
complain about it.

Alister

"If anarchists are capable of authoritarian attitudes ... I should
no more hail one as a comrade, sight unseen, than I would a state
trooper or used-car dealer.  The label is not a warranty."
         -- My Anarchism Problem by Bob Black --