CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:28:55 -0400
>I'm not convinced that it is wrong to use military action to stop and
>destroy the Serb military capacity.  I agree with most of the
>criticism of the US, by Chomsky and others, vis á vis our appalling
>record, but the argument against military action is beginning to sound
>like: The US can't act militarily in Yugoslavia because it has a
>history of doing bad things.  Any nation electing to confront military
>action with military action must have an impeccable moral and ethical
>record in all situations, or it is immoral for that nation use
>military action, even if the situation might demand it.

One must understand a fundamental point in the Kosovo crisis.  NATO's
involvement was not designed to A) prevent a humanitarian crisis, but to B)
create one.

To believe the rhetoric, or listen to the corp media justify it, is a
foolish act.

Noam doesn't know much about this topic, but Edward Herman sure does.  Read
some stuff by him.  Go to Zmag.org to get a sample.

Milutin

Sheep tremble and here come tha votes
Thrown from tha throat, new cages and scapegoats