CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reushann Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 15:20:16 -0400

When I call companies to find out if their products are gluten free,
what kinds of questions should I ask?  Do most people even know what
gluten is and how it could potentially be in their product?  Is there a
certain person I should ask for?  Thanks for any clues you can give me.
Date:         Thu, 8 Apr 1999 02:02:47 PDT
From:         Michael James <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: asking questions

   When you call customer service, you have to explain exactly what
gluten is and where it might be found. Most people don't know or care
what gluten is. Especially customer service people. Because it's a low
paying job, your average breakdown would be 200 college kids for each
20 old ladies, and throw in maybe 3 old men.  Think back to when you
were 20. Did you know what gluten was? Did you care what gluten was?
That is, if you weren't celiac at the time?