C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:03:18 -0400
Kyle,

          Many of the same problems you are having as adult CPers are ones
many of us face - aging whether the stress was caused by CP or from other
reasons such as being battered the problems are much the same. I am stiff as
a board many a morning - I have athritis down my entire spine and am much
like a beached whale if I wake up on my back and poor old Amber comes along
and has to roll her mom out of bed. Sometimes the first few hours of the day
are counting the steps to somewhere and wondering if I can make it. Some
days pass in haze of pain becasue the stuffing is gone between several
vertabrea and they literally grate on my nerves. My hip socket and leg part
company and many a time taking a steps produces a hug pop and some
intersting pain. Same thing for raising my - arm. Your wheel chair problems
are wheelchair problems regardless of why you are in them. Aging is a bear
if your body is damaged regardless. I rarely talk about the fact I am
disabled - I guess mainly because its just the way I am - I focus more on
Amber becasue she can helped - nothing can reverse what anger and violence
have done to me.

                                   Brightest Blessings
                                         Trisha