C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:42:38 +0100
                  "I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Monday October 25
>
> For Sale On The Web: Ovarian Eggs Of Beautiful Women

One of the benefits of Open-Plan offices is that you get the
dubious benefits of "ear-wigging" everyones phone conversations.

Alerted by the fact that the general hub-bub in the office had
dropped to zero I soon tuned into the one voice still talking on
the phone. It wasn't long before I realised that the speaker (a
particularly spotty programmer whose CV included "train spotting"
as a leisure activity) was calling up a sperm bank to offer his
services.

Judgeing by the secret smiles and winks passing between anybody
within earshot, and the number of phones laying "off cradle" on
speakerphone, the potential "audience" was a considerable portion
of the company. I was surprised the potential donor was not
alerted by the outbreak of "chuckles" which greeted:-

   "So I get 15 pounds for every 'donation'. How many can I make
    each day?"

but the phrase which almost brought the whole company to an
aploplectic demise:-

   "Yes, I am interested, could you just tell me a bit more about
    what is actually involved."

Unfortunately the line went dead at this point.

Cheers,

--
Deri James