C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:23:17 -0700
hi, this is the first time I have written on the list.  I hope it goes
through!  May I pick your brain a monent?  I have a 21 month old precious
daughter who has spastic cp.  Can you summerize what theapy does? and is more,
better? and explain the purpose for afos. the  reason is my "gracie" is getting
one hour a month of therapy in each disapline and this seems to not even be
enough to bother with although I do understand the concept of teaching the
parent as we are with the children 24 hours a day.  Still I feel she should get
more.  What do you think?
One other question,  How much can a child of 21 months potentionally progress
as far as gaining trunk control.  I am opptamistic grace will sit indepenantly
and even walk with a walker someday.  She is moderately affected with the cp.
thank you for your time.