BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:32:53 EST
In a message dated 1/2/2000 1:17:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< got to go its the 4 oclock feed...Michael >>

Michael,

Something you may want to consider in regard to the above is putting her on a
schedule. We didn't do it for our first (a singleton) and had to for nos.
2-3-4, where it made all the difference in the world.  You feed them/her at
the same times every day, put them/her down for naps at the same time every
day, and after a few days their bodies accommodate to the schedule, which is
good for them and works wonders for you and The Supreme Authority.
Admittedly, it's not as crucial for parents of singletons as it is for
multiples, but it makes life much (roughly a factor of 1000) easier for you,
which enables you to take better care of them.  (We were amazed that the
parents of the 7-lets next door to you in Iowa didn't have them on a
schedule, and were feeding them and everything else on a 24 hour basis, but
it evidently worked for them. God knows how.)  We still get them to bed on
schedule 9 1/2 years later--they know that at 8:30 it's time for bed, and for
the most part that's it.  And then we have the rest of the evening to do what
we need to do.

Best of luck.  The good news is that varnish takes longer to wear off a baby
than for just about anything else.

Ralph