BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:53:26 -0600
I finally got through with reading my BP Digests from this past weekend and
couldn't help but comment on the terra cotta crumb cakes with glazing ---
mmm, mmm, good.  Too bad I can't see them (a drawback of the Digest), but
I'm sure they look delicious!  And just in time for the holidays!

Barbara

p.s. Anne Sullivan:  I'm doing some cursory research on the I&M canal
myself, do you think your friend would mind if I picked his/her brain?  I
promise it won't hurt!

>Date:    Fri, 11 Dec 1998 00:43:12 -0500
>From:    ENTROPA <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hollow tiles
>
>SORRY for the huge file, for those who are actually reading this, I am
>looking for someone who knows anything about these hollow terra cotta
>tiles used to face houses in Arlington, VA  in the late teens and 1920s?
>They have a crumb cake like finish and come glazed and unglazed I am
>familiar with the Natco Hollow Tiles for fireproofing, but I have found
>no references to the use of terra cotta tiles to face houses.
>

>Date:    Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:57:43 EST
>From:    Anne Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: building stone rEsearch
>
>BUT, interestingly, a friend just hit gold at the Illinois state archive
>concerning the construction of the Illiniois  & Michigan Canal (of Joliet
>Limestone) -- there arE records of equipment, manpoweR,  daily records of
>productivity.  Very interesting -- I've never researched in a state
archive >for stone, but it makes sense.