RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:29:05 -0400
Hi Anwar,

>  Moreover, this aspect is not UNIQUE in ALL
> history.

I'm thinking maybe part of the reason that there appears to be so much
American bashing and blaming among the various left-wing groups, is
that, like I see here in your post Anwar and the ones from Carol and
Margali, there is a lack of understanding of America's uniqueness.

I think this is an important problem, actually.

The veneration of individual freedom, and the tolerance that must be
there in order for individual freedom to exist, is wholly American. I
see that people don't quite realize this. These are the principles upon
which this country was founded, and, like I said in my last post, really
constitue the American "religion." I think this is easier for
non-Americans to see this than Americans. I think it is hard for us to
see ourselves clearly. But if anything defines us, it is these
principles.

When you fully recognize the uniqueness of this very new, very
outrageous project called the United States, you get a little nervous
when you think that the world could lose this brash "work in progress."
Individual freedom is a big, big deal.  The United States is the best
organized attempt so far at actually insuring personal liberty, in the
whole history of the human race until this point.

Last Sunday, at Yankee Stadium, Muslims and Jews sat next to each other.
A Hindu, a Sikh, a Buddhist, a rabbi, an African American woman minister
and a Greek Orthodox Catholic priest stood side-by-side in a crowded
ballpark, holding hands, with  "Adidas" and "Bud-Lite" signs flashing
overhead!  In other places in the world they are killing each other's
children.

This IS a unique country!

Love Liza