RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:15:37 -0500
From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Liza - thanks for your nice response to my query about the Atikins
diet. I value your opinion and it's interesting that in your
experience it
works well for men and that they take to it in particular.

I do wonder about all that protein tho. how come it doesn't overload
the
system? I don't know much about paleo diets.

> This diet, by the way, has a number of web discussion groups (which
> I haven't been able to look through), and I'm sure it's been
> discussed over on Paleofood (which I am on lurkingly).

I'll look into this and also forward it to my husband.

> You can be a vegan and eat
> piles of spaghetti and doughnuts, for instance, which might be
> fattening. Lots of vegans I see are overweight.

I realize this but we never ate that way. We haven't eaten bread in
almost
two years. My husband doesn't eat wheat. he was eating some rice,
spelt,
and loved beans/lentils. otherwise it was a lot of fresh vegetables
and
some goat cheese. no dairy. lots of soy milk and herb teas. nothing
fattening really. he even cut out honey. but his weight just wouldn't
budge. and this is after years of being on this kind of diet. strange.

he feels kind of odd eating meat suddenly (mostly salmon, some turkey,
greasy roasted chicken that didn't sit too well). He also doesn't like
eggs but eats them raw with a protein mix/water/oil/lecithin smoothie.
yech.... well, at least he's taking charge of his health and I'm
happy.

We would like some jerky.  are there mailorder places for good jerky?
haven't found anything in the stores that doesn't have a lot of other
ingredients added. Do I need to save up for a dehydrator? Jean-Claude
wish I had something you want in exchange for some of yours...

Lucia