RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:20:44 -0800
7bit
From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
To wild plants eaters (Alan, Jean-Claude, etc):

How often do you collect plants? Do you eat them immediately, or store
them for the next days, or both? How much wild plants (let's say in
grams per day) do you eat? Can you give an estimate for each one of
the following categories?

 -leafy vegetables *** when available, usually a flower and the stem.  Sour
grass, onion, and garlic are favorites
 -fruits*** when available, usually berries,
 -roots, tubers*** never, I'm much to lazy to dig them out
 -other starchy vegetables
 -nuts*** when available, usually pine nuts or walnuts
 -mushrooms*** never, I don't know enough to identify the toxic ones
 -other (that I might have forgotten). When available herbs, such as
rosemary, theme or bay

I collect when I am on a walk, in the country or park. (weekly spring
through fall) I usually eat whatever that minute or as soon as I can rinse
it off.  The exception, is pine nuts which take a bit of effort to free from
the cone and I could have a couple days supply.

Micaela

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>