RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:16:52 -0500
Hi Lynton,

>I have found it _much_ more useful eating the good foods than caring
whether
>they are cooked or not.  Remember, food quality counts!

That is interesting to me, only because, as far as cooked colored vegetables
go, more or less the reverse for me applies - I do fine with almost any raw
vegetable dish whether it is organic or not. But I take the identical food
and cook it, even lightly steam it, and I get autoimmune symptoms within a
half-hour every time (I've tried this three times so far since last summer
when I started eating almost all my vegetables raw and had bad effects each
time).

Strangely I don't have the same problem with cooked starches, cooked
white-colored veggies or cooked meat, fish or eggs - but I do react to some
whole-grain breads and non-organic meats. I even eat tofu occasionally with
no problem even though it does not fit into any of the natural-food diets
that I pieced together my own from.

You may be in danger of becoming too fixed on the approach that has worked
for you (blood typing), and assume it would work for everyone. Good for you
for finding something helpful, but as far as advising others my thinking is
to not put too much stock in any one theory - be it 100%-raw, RAF,
blood-type, brix or whatever, but just try to encourage a person to figure
out what works for themselves, if they are interested.

Paul ([log in to unmask])