RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kelli Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:28:31 +0100
More good news from the government...

On Friday the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced it would allow the
irradiation of raw meat and meat products to reduce or eliminate bacteria....

You can read a bit more at:

http://ipn.intelihealth.com/ipn/ihtIPN?c=210773

I doubt anyone on this list buys meat that might be affected, but thought
you'd find the news interesting -- did you know they approved chicken
irradiation in '92? Again, I'm sure what people on this list buy isn't
affected, but most Americans eat the grocery store fare daily...

Pretty scary thought as far as I'm concerned -- I won't even use a microwave!

be happy, healthy and whole,

Kelli