CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:39:41 +1000
At 15:50 31/03/99 +0200, Martin William Smith wrote:

>think the news reporting in both Norway and Australia is different
>from the news reporting in the US.  I think the main difference is
>that the news reporting in Australia and in Norway concentrates more
>on reporting just the facts.  I don't know that the facts reported are
>of better quality, but I think there is much less emphasis on how the
>people feel about a story than there is on the facts of the story.

You must have lived here a long time ago, then.  Australian news is
recycled from US news - often they don't even bother witrh Australian
voiceovers.  It's a safe bet that whatever you get there, we get here.  Our
Prime Minister was so quick to support NATO bombing that he made the
announcement of support before the first bomb hit the ground.

Alister