C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elizabeth Hill Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:33:59 -0500
Climbs through the windows?

It can be sometimes hard to get into the spirit when the temperature was in
the 80's until this weekend.  It's now in the 60's getting into the 40's at
night so it's a little easier.  I lived in Northeast Ohio for my first 17
years and remember well chillbains and frostbite and scraping snow off the
windshield.  My first trip to Florida was over my senior winter break.  It
was -19 F in Cleveland and 50 in Florida, I was in shorts and a t-shirt.
Now 50 is pretty chilly for me.

Christmas here has some strange incongruities.  In the early intervention I
work at, kids are singing of Jingle Bells and Rudolph and Letting it Snow.
However, palm trees are very pretty when they are lit up.

Elizabeth Thiers, OTR
email: [log in to unmask]
homepage: http://www.bv.net/~john/bethsot1.html

----------
> From: Kyle E Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Christmas greetings!
> Date: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 8:21 AM
>
> Okay, Elizabeth, my five year-old Anna and I can buy that, but she wants
> to know how he gets into the houses without chimneys?
>
> Seriously, is it hard to get into the "Christmas Spirit" when the
> weather is delightful?  Part of the magic is shopping in crappy weather.
>
> Elizabeth Hill Thiers wrote:
> >
> > Didn't you know Kyle, down here Santa Claus comes down in boat pulled
by
> > dolphins and spends the rest of the winter at little town called
Christmas.