From:
Kitty Whiteside <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:18:15 -0700

I have worn contact lenses for almost 40 years (!)  and have just this last
year begun to have problems with inflamation, excessive matter, and film.  My
eye doctor had me stop wearing the lenses for 2 weeks and all symptoms
cleared up.  I resumed wearing them per her instructions and within 3 hours I
had the same symptoms return.

She considers it an allergic reaction, probably to the solution.  She
inquired about other allergies.  When I mentioned CD she was interested, as
the gas permeable solutions contain thickeners.  I said I would post a
question to the list in this regard.  If anyone has had similar problems, and
found them to be related to the solutions or lenses, I would appreciate
hearing from you and how the problem was resolved.

Kitty Whiteside
UC Berkeley