RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 20:31:58 -0500
Axel,

>or maybe it is because our bodies somehow get used to the highly
>concentrated nature of sad diets, who knows. i am just guessing, but how on
>earth can i improve my health in a way with an all crap diet instead of a
>"healthy" raw vegan diet? comments welcome :)

If you keep going back and forth between 'crap' and 'healthy' raw vegan then
there may be a problem with both. Nutritionally a good varied diet, perhaps
mostly raw and organic, with adequate animal or total protein, might help
you stabilize over the long term. I don't really know you, but I do know
that extremes for more than a short period can be harmful, especially I
imagine going from one extreme to another. I became too thin and hypothyroid
a couple of years ago on a mostly vegetable diet with no meat and some
tofu - fortunately I was smart enough to figure out where I went wrong, and
correct and reverse the problems (with help from an MD).

One theory 'out there' is that because we have been raised on refined
low-fiber foods, among other things our intestines are warped and too long -
there may be some truth to that (and like my narrow dental arches and
crooked front teeth basically caused by the diet I grew up on, this is not
readily 'fixable').

I discovered 'Cassia' on this list, take it intermittently, and have
eliminated some very old foul material from the intestines over the past
several months.  I'm convinced these eliminations - plus eating more protein
along with my raw veggies - have benefitted my health.

The truth is probably (also for most other people with chronic illness
trying to reverse their problems with diet) that I could eat very healthy
for a long time - many years - and still not be as healthy as many SAD
eaters that have a different constitution or whose bodies have not been
exposed to the chemicals and drugs that mine was (before I discovered this
'natural health' stuff). But nonetheless my health is the best it has been
in years and the general curve still seems to be up.

I really don't know less or more than anyone else, but you said 'comments
welcome' :)

Paul ([log in to unmask])