RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:02:10 -0500
Hi Ellie,

You might recall I was going to experiment by eating a few weeks of raw meat in a raw diet, then switching to eating the same lightly cooked.

I had been eating some Coleman's raw lamb chops, and found that, as opposed to when I was eating a raw vegetarian diet with only raw eggs, my stools were not at all odor-free as they had been on the vegetarian regime. Nonetheless, the overall effect of the increased meat in my diet, terms of strength, energy and libido has been positive, without any obvious increase in negative 'toxicity' symptoms besides the stool odor. When I started broiling the lamb - my approach has been to cover the lamb with coconut oil to prevent charring, then broil for 4 - 5 minutes on each side so that the 'graying' is minimized - the result was I seem to get all of the benefits of the raw lamb without the major drawback (from my perspective) of feeling I have to 'hide' my food or explain to others why I'm eating raw meat.

In any case though, if I was diagnosed with colon cancer (and I do have a slight concern since a CDSA test a year ago from Great Smokies was high on the dysbiosis index and indicated I had some risk for that), I would probably go 'Ann Wigmore' and immediately eliminate all meat from my diet, and hope to find a way to maintain some strength and energy at the same time. Hopefully the fact that I'm eating veggies all raw and no refined western junk food will protect against that possibility even if meat would tend to increase the risk.

(Incidentally, I'm not eating raw fish as I was for awhile for two reasons - first, I now realize it does not for me have the strengthening effect that red meat does, and second, with my history of Hg poisoning I'm not sure I want to take a chance with that, after learning about Manis' troubles. Perhaps some fish once a week or so would be ok just for the sake of variety).

Merry Christmas!

Paul ([log in to unmask])