From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:24:18 -0600
At 06:57 PM 9/2/99 , Ken Goad wrote:
>Here's one for you all....
>I am messing with an older PC running Win3.1
>Installed a SB16 (brand new) and it seems to be working fine with the
>exception of one area...It won't play Audio CD's.
>When I click on Creative CD to play an Audio CD I get this error:
>CD not inserted into drive or CD Audio MCI Driver not installed.
>
>The driver is my guess....but how do I rectify?

The drivers for SB16 cards are very straight-forward.  You can download
the latest version at:
http://support.soundblaster.com/files/download.asp?OS=Win3x&prod=sb_16

However, I would investigate your CD audio cable.
1) Is the cable installed in proper direction on the back of the CD drive?
2) Did you try reversing the connection to the SB16 card?
3) Also try using a different CD audio cable in case the current one is faulty.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: