From:
Rosie Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:47:19 -0700
I have Windows 95 (1st version)
I have a plain floppy drive (1.4) on a floppy cable.   I added a 5 1/4 to see what would happen.  Now the
5 1/4  shows up as Drive F and as a 3 1/2 floppy.    The real 3 1/2 doesn't show up at all under System
in Control Panel.   I changed the bios to show that the A: drive is a 3 1/2 and B: is 5 1/4.

I'm ready for more questons.  <g>
Rosie Richter

Rick Glazier wrote:

> Several questions pop into mind.
>
> Is this a plain floppy drive (1.4 OR 1.2megs on a floppy cable)?
> Could this be an LS-120 (120megs AND 1.4m on an IDE cable), or similar?
> Which Version of Win95 are you running?
>
> Some of the questions above are inter-related,
> And lead to more questions later...
>
>                 Rick

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org