From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:27:54 -0400
I have been using the Zoom 56K PCI Dual Modem for a year or so with Win95
SR2.1 with out problems except an annoying characteristic that it requires
the drivers to be installed before installation of the modem card which is
a pain because it has to be removed if a clean install of Win95 is desired
and since I seal my boxes for warranty purposes....etc. etc. But I diverge
but if anyone knows the reason for this please let me know also and if they
know a work around.

The major problem now, is that I just did my first Win98 (waited for the SE
version before moving from Win95 SR2.1). This was an existing customer
system with Win95 SR2.1 and working modem installed per directions, i.e.
drivers first, card second. After installing Win98SE, then the drivers
(checked the Zoom site for new drivers and none found and literature says
Win95/98 compatible) and then the card. Upon booting after installing the
card, Win98 started to auto-detect the PCI controller for the Modem and the
modem, etc. but gave me the error, Cannot not find Win32s.exe V 1.30C or
higher. Would you like to load it now". Answering "yes" would only have it
ask where it is located and it is not on either system I have recently
installed Win98SE on.

Zoom so far has been no help so I turn to the experts :-)

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly