From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:57:02 GMT
I have fought this animal before.  The only way I was able to get the modem
to consistantly be recognized was to disable COM2 in the BIOS.  Otherwise I
would only get the modem to work about one in five times.  Your results may
vary

Kyle

>Subject: [PCBUILD] Installing WinModem
>Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 21:05:59 -0500
>
>I've been trying to install a US Robotics 33.6K Winmodem in Windows 95. It
>seems to allow me to install once but picking the wrong interrupt. The
>manual leaves a little to be desired as it shows a different modem. The
>hard drive crashed so I have to reinstall the drivers for it . It says to
>use the "CD Connection" CD. If I delete all files to do with this modem I
>can then at least get it to start reinstalling. How does the modem
>recongize the interrupt and com port with no jumpers? I want it on Com 3
>which I can get but want it on interrupt 5.
>Help?
>
>Harvey Rose

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html