From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:55:06 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, June 18, 1999 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Panasonic/Sanyo pin out

>At 08:50 PM 6/17/99 , WInston Pike wrote:
>>Does anyone have the pin outs for the Panasonic or Sanyo CDR interface?
>>I have a CDR-H94A 2x that I would like to have operational but I can't
even
>>find an old sound card that had multiple connectors on it.
>
>If you intend to repin a cable to connect it to an IDE interface, it just
>will not work.  These old proprietary drives 'must' have a proprietary
>interface card, a sound card or simple CD card.
>
>You can buy one of these cards on Internet at:
>   http://www.comp-recycle.com/
>
>They appear to be $13 or less.   There are other sites that deal in
>recycled computer parts and this will be your best option for the
>card.
>
>But...  just as a thought...   if you check on Price Watch:
>     http://www.pricewatch.com./
>They have venders selling 24X IDE CD rom drives as low as $28.
>A drive with twelve times the speed on your IDE interface will perform
>much better than a proprietary 2x drive.
>

>I hope that helps.
>
>                Bob Wright

Sorry to take so long responding but I fianally found an old Creative Labs
sound card
with the Sony/Panasonic/Mitsumi connectors for $4.00 and will be searching
the web
for the drivers. Looking at the board, it does look like a lot of
electronics associated
with just the Sony/Panasonic connectors with not so much on the Mitsumi
connector.

Thanx, Winston

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org