From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 01:23:38 +1000
Pinelands wrote:

> I will soon be looking at buying myself a nice new 2D/3D Graphics Card. Its
> for a home computer so no high end CAD will be used :-)
> I do alot of web design, watch movies, and play some 3D games...but I'm not
> a hardcore gamer so I'm not looking for the ultimate gaming experience but I
> would like something that will last more than say 2-3hrs before becomming
> obsolete :-)

Almost any card on market these days would meet your needs. If you have AGP
slot, you can buy a i740 card for very low price. If you spand a bit more, G200
or a TNT based card is good enough. For PCI card, again, G200, Banshee based,
TNT based cards are all over the market. you have a large selection, just get a
card in your budget.

> Also I'm running a fairly old system which I don't intend to upgrade just
> yet but I need a bigger HD, its a P100 thats about 3-4yrs old and uses EIDE,
> what are my options in HD's ? I'm keen on the IBM Deskstar due to its speed
> which will give this old PC a bit of a boost. Is my only option EIDE ?

Depending on your mobo and the bios. P100 is a bit too old, but as long as the
bios can handle it, you can buy UDMA harddisk for it.

J Qian

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org