From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:00:07 -0500
Winston,

The first thing I suggest is to move the modem to a different socket on
the MoBo.

In many cases, jumperless (PnP) modems are finicky and need to be the only
device in the PC when installed.  I have had the best luck by doing this.

1. Remove the modem from the Device Manager.
2. Shut down the PC.
3. Take out ALL auxilary cards (leaving *only* the video).
4. Reboot the PC and let if find and install the modem.
5. Shut down again.
6. Reinstall all extra cards.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====