From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:55:34 -0600
I am having exactly the same problem, but on my own machine.  I have a
Tekram motherboard w/ the VIA chipset and a samsung 6 gb drive.  I talked
with the Tekram support, and they said it is a problem with the ULTRA Eide
drive [specifically the samsung].  They suggested disabling the ULTRa Eide
feature in the CMOS [How?] and/or a flash update to the bios.  The last
resort is a replacement board [just what a builder needs, but new parts so
that you can spend more time getting the latest pieces for them].

I believe that if you look at the specs, you will find this is a multi
voltage chip 2.2volt core and 3.5 volt IO.

Mike Buraczewski