CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:19:16 -0600
Yes Frank, I'm going to 'disgracefully' assert once again that The South
beats The North in the shithead competition.     You kinda of insinuate
that I'm falling into the divide and conquer trap that capitalism always
promotes.     But denial gets us nowhere.

Take heart in that I agree with your proud claim that New York and
California can occasionally be competitive in this category.       For
just one tiny example, it is so heart rending to see to what lengths
that California has gone to compete against Texas in the 'inhumane
prison' sub-division of shitheadedness.      Still, you know, you guys
are losers in this comp.     Barely down to the level of a Louisiana or
Oklahoma.

Plus, score Bush high against Reagan.      There's no Alzheimers to
blame, nor Hollywood.      I took a New Yorker once to a tent revival
down here in Texas once.   And a  picture is worth a thousand words.

And now we got a picture in the White House.    Make that two.      Our
Dick (Cheney) vs. your Dead Dick from California.     You just never saw
Nixon and Reagan as being the intellectual types they really were!
Sorry.    But a real Elmer Gantry from Louisiana is more shitheaded
scary than a PC fictional one from Kansas.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!!     That's what is understood down here.     All
the Cowboy football takes people's minds off the losers we are in the
cultural wars.     You have to stir it up (shame), or you get no
response.     We are already divided by the ruling class, and they want
to convince the dummies in The South to take pride in football and
religion, and forget about the other statistics.

But the Southern states rank in the bottom 10 (of 50) on almost all the
real statistics that mean anything.      Part of winning the hearts and
minds of Whites FOR change in the Civil Rights struggle in The South,
was the shame of their national exposure as being dead bottom in ALL.
Mississippi began to at least want to score better than dead last (of 50
states).     SHAME..... Don't let them forget!      They want to accept
48th or 49th as being OK.

And key to winning the battle between city and suburb has to be in
broadcasting the shame of how really shitheaded life is in the suburbs.
The Right has been winning that battle by trying to make life Hell for
the cities.      Maybe it's time to make life hellful in the suburbs,
and not just appallngly banal?     The shitheads love banal, but have
trouble with hellful.     The Left has to suck that money back out of
roads and back into the inner cities.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.     Los Angeles was the shame of the big cities.
Now it's time to put Houston and Dallas head of the pack.     They both
have close to 5,000,000 shithead residents.     Let's make sure that
they have no false regional pride.       Frank, you don't want me to
stir up regional antagonisms?     I dare you to move to a Texas big
city.     It'll burn your skin.

I lived in Philly over a year, and there are certainly shitheads galore
there.      There were even back during the Civil War riots there.
Still, Philly is a lake, while The South is the sea.

Tony
fs.....
"People from Alabama, Texas, Arizona, and the South as a whole, are
pretty thick headed."

That really is disgraceful. I'm from new york, I live in california, and
the percapita population of thick headed , no, make that shit headed, is
enormous in both places. regional bigotry is no better than ethnic or
racial or religious bigotry.

The shitheads who run this country depend on shitheads to keep them in
power. Divide and conquer, indeed.